I finally decided to make the pizza that I’ve been eyeing since Ashley posted it about it on her blog. I changed the recipe up a bit but I give full credit to Ashley for this amazing pizza recipe!
Millet Buckwheat Pizza Crust
- 1/2c raw buckwheat flour [ground from raw buckwheat groats)
- 3/4c millet flour ( I couldn't find Millet flour so I ground up 3/4 cup Hulled millet, I recommend grinding up 1 full cup of Hulled millet instead of 3/4 cups)
- 1c water
- 1T olive oil
- 1T unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2t garlic powder
- 2t oregano
1t rosemary (omitted)
- 1.5t basil
- 1t thyme
- 1/4t sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Grease an 8-9” round pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 40 minutes. Edges should be slightly brown and pulled away from the pan. The top will be cracked.
- Take out of oven and slide a knife around the edge of the pan.
- Put a large plate upside down over top of the pan. Hold the pan and plate together + flip, so the crust falls to the pan. Flip over with your hands so the top of the crust is now facing up.
- Top with toppings + bake on your oven rack/baking sheet/etc until ingredients are heated through.
Overall, this is one of the best homemade pizzas I have made from scratch. I should have cooked it a little bit longer to make it a little more crunchy but it was really good all the flavors from the spices combined perfectly! I only have a slice left and I made this last night. I had some for lunch before my 5.7 mile run in 60 minutes! Can you believe it? I finally did it! One hour without stopping!
After my run I was pretty exhausted but I cooled down with a slow 1 mile walk. Total miles today 7 big ones!
Post workout Smoothie
- 1/5 silken tofu
- 1 Container of Chobani yogurt –(I just got my Chobani yogurt in the mail today. I can’t wait to try all the flavors they sent me! So far I’ve tried two of them. I had the blueberry flavor yesterday, which I’ve had before, It was very good but I did enjoy the flavor I used today better. Today, I used the Vanilla flavor Chobani yogurt for this smoothie)
- lots of blueberries and blackberries 2 large handfuls
- 7 Ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon Vega Shake-n-go Vanilla protein powder
My smoothie was once again too big for a cup….
The silken tofu helped make my smoothie less watery. I had never tried this before but now I will for sure be using this in my morning monsters.
Last night, after making my homemade pizza, I headed out to celebrate my friend’s 21st birthday!
Tonight Pete’s coming by after his practice and we may head out to continue celebrating my friend’s 21st. I’m thinking about whipping up another one of those pizzas before leaving so I’ll talk to you all later….
What is one question you want to ask me about my personal life? I’d really love to hear your questions! I love to reflect on things I can improve on in my own life and I believe answering your questions would be a great way for me to start. I want you all to know I really really really appreciate and thank you for how often you guys visit my blog! It’s truly inspired me to do things I never thought possible, like running for 60 minutes straight without stopping (5.7 miles!! ) I’m starting to have some visitors that come by my blog and leave comments on a regular basis which makes me smile from ear to ear. I really hope that I can some how enrich your lives in some small way. Whether it be to motivate you to eat healthier or to workout on a regular basis I hope you gain a positive experience from reading The Fitness Apple!