So I’ve been reading up on LOVE, cause it’s a subject I’m just OH-SO passionate about… I’ve discovered some interesting benefits from loving others and of course I decided to share them with you!
- Reduces Stress: Love can be a very effective way of reducing stress levels. When in an intimate relationship, the adrenaline glands produce dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) hormone that acts as a stress buster. A passionate relationship relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being. Furthermore, the support of someone who loves you can help you cope better when you are facing a stressor.
- Promotes mental health: The calming effect of dehydroepiandrosterone over the mind and body raises the growth of nerves. It is also helpful in restoring the growth of nerves which results in an improved memory recall.
- Anti Cancer effect: Married people have been found to have lower cancer rates than singles. A research conducted at the University of Iowa found that ovarian cancer patients who had a strong and satisfying relationship with their partners develop more white blood cells which are desirable in killing cancerous cells.
- Reduces Pain: Love results in more activation in the part of the brain that keeps pain under control. A study of 127,000 adults confirmed that married people were less likely to complain of headaches and back pain. The happier the marriage, the greater the effect. The reduced stress level also leads to pain relief, especially if you suffer from things such as chronic headaches.
- Better blood circulation: When talking to someone it finds attractive, your brain sends impulses to the heart making it pound faster than normal; this results in increased blood supply to the body, improved circulation and efficient working of all organs.
- Live longer: Lack of love causes social isolation which increases the risk of early death by up to five times. A study confirmed that married people live longer because they feel loved and connected as oppose to the isolated ones. Since 1979, the National Longitudinal Mortality Study has been studying more than a million subjects and found that unmarried people are being outlived by the married ones. Another study found that married people have shorter average hospital stays and fewer doctor’s visits. Researchers believe that this is due to that fact that people in good relationships take better care of themselves. Also, marriage contributes to a decline in drug abuse and heavy drinking, especially among young adults.
- Lowers blood pressure: According to a study in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine, happily married people had the best blood pressure as compared to singles or unhappily married people. Study also found that the singles with a strong social network also did well in the blood pressure study.
- Reduced risk of heart diseases: Expressing your feelings of affection can reduce cholesterol levels. Human Communication Research found that people who expressed their feelings of affection for significant friends, relatives, and/or romantic partners had significantly lower cholesterol levels than those that didn’t. Lower cholesterol levels result in reduced chances of a heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Faster healing: Researchers found that wounds heal faster in people who are in a loving relationship. According to the study, the blister wounds healed nearly twice as fast in couples who were happy and calm compared to those who appeared hostile or depressed. Researchers also found that people who are in love are less likely to get sick by the viruses of cold and flu.
- Forever young: Dehydroepiandrosterone also acts as an “anti-aging” hormone, which produces feelings of youth and vitality. Adding to that, the increase blood flow to the skin due to the endorphins produced by the body when in love, helps keep it soft and smooth, and reduce the development of wrinkles.
Love is much more than just genes, chemicals and hormones. So if you are a person who is very much conscious about health and wellness, learn to love deeply and sincerely. If you want to live longer then learn to love harder!
1. Sex Relieves Stress
A big health benefit of sex is lower blood pressure and overall stress reduction, according to researchers from Scotland who reported their findings in the journal Biological Psychology. They studied 24 women and 22 men who kept records of their sexual activity. Then the researchers subjected them to stressful situations — such as speaking in public and doing verbal arithmetic — and noted their blood pressure response to stress. Those who had intercourse had better responses to stress than those who engaged in other sexual behaviors or abstained.
2. Sex Boosts Immunity
Good sexual health may mean better physical health. Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections.
3. Sex Burns Calories
Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more. It may not sound like much, but it adds up: 42 half-hour sessions will burn 3,570 calories, more than enough to lose a pound. Doubling up, you could drop that pound in 21 hour-long sessions.
4. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health
Having sex twice or more a week reduced the risk of fatal heart attack by half for the men, compared with those who had sex less than once a month.
5. Sex Boosts Self-Esteem
Boosting self-esteem was one of 237 reasons people have sex, collected by University of Texas researchers and published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior.One of the reasons people say they have sex is to feel good about themselves and Great sex begins with self-esteem, and it raises it. If the sex is loving, connected, and what you want, it raises it… JUST MAKE SURE it is CONNECTED LOVING and WHAT YOU WANT!
6. Sex Improves Intimacy
Having sex and orgasms increases levels of the hormone oxytocin, the so-called love hormone, which helps us bond and build trust. They found that the more contact, the higher the oxytocin levels. “Oxytocin allows us to feel the urge to nurture and to bond,” Higher oxytocin has also been linked with a feeling of generosity. So if you’re feeling suddenly more generous toward your partner than usual, credit the love hormone.
7. Sex Reduces Pain
As the hormone oxytocin surges, endorphins increase, and pain declines. So if your headache, arthritis pain, or PMS symptoms seem to improve after sex, you can thank those higher oxytocin levels.
8. Sex Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk
Frequent ejaculations, especially in 20-something men, may reduce the risk of prostate cancer later in life. It was found that men who had five or more ejaculations weekly while in their 20s reduced their risk of getting prostate cancer later by a third.
9. Sex Strengthens Pelvic Floor Muscles
For women, doing a few pelvic floor muscle exercises known as Kegels during sex offers a couple of benefits. You will enjoy more pleasure, and you’ll also strengthen the area and help to minimize the risk of incontinence later in life.To do a basic Kegel exercise, tighten the muscles of your pelvic floor, as if you’re trying to stop the flow of urine. Count to three, then release. I think that this exercise really works!
10. Sex Helps You Sleep Better
The oxytocin released during orgasm also promotes sleep.And getting enough sleep has been linked with a host of other good things, such as maintaining a healthy weight and blood pressure. Something to think about, especially if you’ve been wondering why your guy can be active one minute and snoring the next…
So get to it….
–MUCH LOVE Ang