In life, not everything goes as smoothly as we want it to be. There will be times when we will face problems and obstacles. The most challenging part is not when our life goes smoothly but how we react when we experience problems and difficulties.
Those who have positive attitude will treat any problem as a challenge. Instead of being discouraged, they will treat each failure as a lesson learned and they will be motivated to achieve the goal. As for those who do not the positive attitude, they will see problems and difficulties in an entirely different mind frame.
It’s important to understand that each day we wake up we will come in contact with all different kinds of people but all of them are facing some sort of obstacle challenge or problem. To think our own lives are unique in regards to problems and obstacles is foolish because each person we come across is faced with some sort of problem or challenge, nobody’s life is perfect.
After thinking about this for the last couple days, I’ve come to the conclusion that as humans we are all one in the same. We all strive for joy, happiness and love and although some individuals have obstacles that may seem smaller than others it’s our reactions to those obstacles which designate the positive or negative magnitude of their outcome.
What’s your obstacle? How can you handle it better? I Challenge you to write down ONE obstacle/problem or challenge you are facing today and 3-5 ways you will strive to handle it better. Making a concious effort to resolve obstacles is only going toward your benefit.
Although it’s hard to verbalize the fact that I have insecurity issues the only way to resolve them is to begin by admitting I have some insecurities in the first place.
- Insecurity within myself, thinking I may not measure up in my relationships
- Thinking more rationally about my decisions and actions toward people I love. I will vow to take time to analyze and reflect before doing or saying anything that magnifies my insecurity.
- I need to try to be more assertive in things I have to do and not allow negative thoughts come into my head.
- I need to start believing in something more, My faith in God. If I believe in my faith in God and try to extend it to into my own belief on how to deal with things in my daily life I will become happier… Insecurity usually gets into a person’s mind if they don’t have enough belief in something. So I am going try and believe in myself more and in what I can do. I already can do so many things I never thought I could it’s time to start appreciating what I can do and strive for a better life each day.
- Always think positive. That is an effective way to counter your negativity. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones and apply them immediately. Make yourself feel good for things you did well and learn to reward yourself every time you accomplish something really nice.
What’s your obstacle? What are your solutions going to be?